Massage is an important component in treatment. We use massage techniques to release specific muscles contributing to symptoms. This is necessary for two reasons:
1. Tight muscles and trigger points (muscle knots) themselves can be a source of pain.
2. Tight and overactive muscles can pull on sensitive and painful joints to cause further discomfort.
Benefits of Targeted Massage
- Breaks up trigger points to reduces pain.
- Improve muscular flexibility.
- Fix faulty movement patterns that contribute to pain and discomfort.